- Adrienne Salvaggio: Learning to Train and Training to Learnon September 21, 2022 at 9:05 pm
Adrienne Salvaggio, human resources director at Big Easy Blends, joins host Tony Lee to discuss her HR story.
- Dress Codes Evolve Following Pandemicby Allen Smith, J.D. on September 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
As more employees return to worksites, some employers are rethinking their dress codes. That doesn’t mean giving up dress codes entirely, […]
- The Benefits of Using Inclusive Photos on Your Websiteby Matt Gonzales on September 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
Using website photos that highlight workforce diversity is one way for companies to meet diversity, equity and inclusion objectives. Here […]
- Return-to-Workplace Uptick Closely Tied to Use of Hybrid Schedulesby Kathy Gurchiek on September 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
More workers are coming back to the workplace since COVID-19 forced most businesses to close their brick-and-mortar locations in 2020. The […]
- The Vital Role of Older Workersby Matt Gonzales on September 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
National Employ Older Workers Week, held during the last week of September, is a federal observance that aims to reinforce the importance […]
- New York City Removes Vaccine Requirement for Private Employersby Leah Shepherd on September 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
New York City will no longer require private employers to direct workers to be vaccinated for COVID-19, Mayor Eric Adams announced Sept. 20.
- Cannabis Is Still a Hazy Workplace Issue in Canada, Years After Legalizationby Howard Levitt and Shloka Saini © Levitt Sheikh on September 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
Since the implementation of Canada’s federal Cannabis Act in 2018, workplace cannabis use has been a hot topic in employment law. Many […]
- South Africa: Employers Struggle with Mandatory Retirementby Johan Botes, Paul Williams and Kirsty Gibson © Baker McKenzie on September 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
South African employers are struggling with the notion of when they can and can’t dismiss an employee on the grounds of age.
- Mississippi Legislative Updates for Employers to Considerby G. Todd Butler © Phelps Dunbar on September 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
In the latest Mississippi legislative session, several new laws have been signed and/or voted into effect that will likely impact employers […]
- California Issues Monkeypox Guidance for Employersby By Alka Ramchandani-Raj, Eric Compere, Melissa Peters, and Krystal Weaver © Littler on September 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
California’s Division of Occupational Safety and Health published guidance on protecting workers from monkeypox. The guidance applies to […]
- Study: Flirtatious Behavior Not Always So Innocentby Kathy Gurchiek on September 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
Insecure men in subordinate roles are more likely to initiate flirtatious behavior toward women holding more powerful positions in order to […]
- Internships Are Yearlong Commitment at Some US Employersby Kathy Gurchiek on September 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
College internships, typically 10 to 12 weeks long, are stretching to a year at some organizations. Experts talk about the pros and cons […]
- Workplace May Be Key to Prevent Suicideby Matt Gonzales on September 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
Employers don't want to talk about suicide, despite its prevalence among working-age adults. Learn the reasons why companies avoid […]
- The Pros and Cons of Open Leave and Set Vacation Daysby Kylie Ora Lobell on September 21, 2022 at 8:00 am
As employers and employees figure out work/life balance, it's worth taking the time to weigh the pros and cons of open leave and limited […]
- HR Newsletterson September 20, 2022 at 8:06 pm
Stay informed about human resources news and information with SHRM email newsletters.